Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Catching up....

I know...I know...Its been a very long time since I have posted. I really had a lot going on with the new move, starting my new job and getting acclimated with this HEAT! 

Where to start? Well, I was living with my dad for almost a month until I found a place for us to live. It wasn't as bad as you may think. He was very welcoming and very helpful with my dogs while I was at work and looking for a place to live.

As for house hunting...not as good of an experience. Looking for a house in a place that you really don't know is very difficult. I wanted to be close to my work, but I work in Scottsdale and its VERY expensive. It would be just like living in Vail and that is NOT why we moved here. Then you have to look at the neighborhood and let me tell you some look nice and then you drive through them more and they are not so nice. It was days of searching for the right one. FINALLY! I found the right one. Its 2 bedrooms, one bath, AND it has a private backyard for the dogs! PLUS, it was a great price. I was so relieved to find it. It was not as close to my work as I was used to, but its only a 25 minute drive so that's not too bad. OH, and I had to pick it out alone because Brock was still living in Colorado. That made me nervous, but he likes it thank goodness.

After the house hunt,not seeing my husband for 3 weeks, and starting my new job I was really ready to be in my own house so that I could relax in my own space and the dogs could have their first backyard. That was not going to happen...all of my "stuff" was still in Colorado. The next week Brock, my brother, and a friend came and brought me all of our things. I was so happy to see Brock and my brother. It was a short trip for them...only one full day, which wasn't enough if you ask me.

The next two weeks until Brock made his offical move my dad and I got some things done around the house. Man, if it wasn't for my dad I don't know what I would do. He helped me with so many things like changing the faucet on our kitchen sink. I couldn't have done done it.

The worst of getting the house ready deserves its own paragragh....
I HAD TO KILL BLACK WIDOW SPIDERS! Yes, the poisonous ones. EWW.
The first one that I found was about 1.5 feet from my back door. So I had to kill it right away. All I could think of that would kill it was bleach....I was wrong. Bleach doesn't even knock them down. I killed that one and went to the store the next day and got Spider/Scopian killer spray, Bug guard spray for the perimator spray, and this organic bug killer for our grass. YES, I went bug killer crazy all alone. As I was spraying the aback patio down 3 more Black Widows came out. Killed them right away. Then another popped out while my dad was over and he got that one. The last one popped out after Brock arrived. Even he was freaked out. I made him kill that one. He couldn't believe how big it was...with legs and body it was almost the size of a silver dollar. YUCK!!!!

I am sure you would like to know how the dogs are doing...They are great. They really LOVE all the space in the house. The backyard was an adventure for them. They haven't had their own backyard ever. When I first would let them outside they would stare at me through the window like "HELLO, why are you leaving us out here all alone?" It was very cute. Now, they go right out and explore. They love to sun bathe in the morning. They both find a sun spot usually Capone is on the sidewalk and Ruby finds one in the grass.

Brock has been here for a week now. I can't even tell you how great it is to have him here. I missed my soul mate, my best friend, and my side kick so much. It really is no fun being away. We had to live apart when we first got engaged, but this was worse.

This past week we did a lot of exploring our new city. We have been to every mall but 2 I think. We went to In and Out Burger (YUM). We also went tubing down the Salt River which was awesome. Its like Colorado tubing but the water is warm. What a nice change. On Sunday we went golfing. We golf for free at my work. Its a great perk for Brock and my dad. The course is very nice and normally over $145.00 a round.

He has already found a job and today was his first day :) I have yet to find out how it went, he is still at work. At lunch he said it was going good. I am crossing my fingers that he likes it.

That is all for now. Pictures will come later.

Have a great day !








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved