Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Making this house into our home

Good Morning!
First off, I would like to thank my wonder sister in law for this beautiful new lay out on my blog.

As you know Brock and I just made the move to Arizona.
For the first time we have a house, not an apartment...
to call ours.

The only thing is when we moved in it was just a house, and we are now starting to make it our home.

When Brock first arrived to stay 2 weeks ago I took him to Ikea.
Believe it or not, he likes to decorate our house. Well maybe not decorate...he likes to put his style into it. He ended liking Ikea a lot. We walked through the whole store and took our time. It was very exciting because that was the first time we really have been able to pick out things for a home. I was so excited but I am very picky about what I like and so is Brock. We ended up picking out all the same styles. I should say we window shopped, didn't buy.
Of course we picked up a couple little items. How can you resist Ikea?

Last night was the first time our house started to feel like a home.

Brock came home from work early and I was cleaning and cooking. We sat down for dinner as a family. Even the dogs were in the kitchen. I went to take my first bite and Brock stopped me...he said Can we pray? I looked at him very surprised and said yes. He grabbed my hands and started praying. I was so taken back in a good way. I know he probably doesn't want me telling everyone, but it was awesome!

After dinner he wanted to go to Ikea again. YIPPEE!!! I ate fast, changed out of my cleaning clothes and grabbed my purse. You don't have to tell me twice when it comes to Ikea.

If you are a bargain shopper like us, Ikea has a great little room right by the check out called "As is". Its furniture that may have just a little chip or was on the show room floor.Yes, some things are more damaged then others. You just need to look through things and grab those great deals! Last time we were there we got a side table for $4.00!

Anyway...We ended up getting a coffee table, a modern rocking chair that Brock picked out. I asked him why a rocking chair...we have nothing to rock to sleep. ha ha I just like to tease him about having children. WE ARE NOT PLANNING ON HAVING ONE ANYTIME SOON. Just had to make that clear.
Oh, and another little side table that matches the other one.

We also decided on colors of the house. 
The living room will be brown, black, and tan.
(I know your thinking why???) We have tanish tile in our home and it looks very nice all together. Brown wasn't my favorite either but it honestly looks great! The kitchen is going to be colorful. Spring greens, corals, and another that we haven't really decided. The guest bedroom...who knows. That is the last room on my mind. It still has boxes piled in it. Our bathroom is Zebra. All black and white.

Our bedroom...That's a hard one. BUT today I figured it out. Shh, I haven't told Brock. He has picked out things for the living room and kitchen so the bedroom is mine! Since I don't want to spend a lot and I LOVE to get creative, I am going to make a head board and foot board myself. Yes, I can use power tools and yes, I am allowed in Brock's tool box as long as I put things back.
So this Friday I will start my new project. I will gather my supplies and get my plan together. Saturday is our ONE YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY so I will enjoying that day and night with Brock. So on Sunday I might start my project.
I will keep you up dated on how it comes along...and sorry I am not telling until its all finished.



This is the start to the living room.
We will be adding pictures and art to the walls.
I will be sure to post pictures!
There's Capone & Ruby enjoying there new home!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move and the new place. Our next move will hopefully be into our own home! I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda...We didn't buy this home. We are renting also. I hope that you get to buy your home soon! That has to be so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved