Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Turning pages & Adventures.

Did you ever go to the Library as a child? It was such a fascinating place to go. There were SO many books about anything you were interested in. It was almost like walking in a forest of books. What a wonderful place.

Recently I have started enjoying the library again. Here in my new town the library is pretty big. When you walk in the staff is right there to guide you to your new reading adventure. It also new and modern. There is even a mini cafe for you coffee drinkers ( I drink decaf, I know weird ). The main level has adult books, DVDs, Cd's, and a computer lab. I have yet to venture to the bottom level which is the children/teen level. Maybe I will do that today just to see the light in a child's eye from walking through the great book forest. I know when Brock and I have children I will take them to the library to learn, make friends, and spend some quality family time together.

Today as you might as guessed, I am at the local library. Enjoying the sounds of turning pages, smells of old books, and the interesting people here. It is my day off today and I really enjoy spending a couple hours here. It is really a relaxing place (just ask the gentlemen sleeping down the row from me). While I am here I really get away from daily worries. I just breathe deep and sit down....and I am off on my adventure in a book or even on the Internet. I have taken an interest in MSN.com. I know how odd for a 23 year old to like to know whats going on in the world. I also am trying to read a new book called, "Alice I have been" by Melanie Benjamin. It is about what Alice and wonderlands life was like after she got out of the hole. I just like reading books that take me all over the place and do not have any relevance to my life. Its my get away from life time.

I know we all are busy with daily life, but try out your local library again. If you have a couple hours you do not know what to do with just go and check it out. If you have children bring them and watch how happy they are in a positive place. Just grab a random book of your interest that will relax you and your favorite drink and start your new adventure today.

Have and wonderful day
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE our library, I go there a lot when I just need silence and time to myself.
    Cute design by the way! I'm really into grey and yellow right now too =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved