Thursday, July 14, 2011

A week of packing and moving...

Its been about a week since my last post, but I have a good excuse!
I have been packing our home in Colorado to move to Arizona. A week's worth of packing and cleaning. I am over it. Thank God for my mother in law! She was there helping every step of the way. With out her I would have gone crazy,Brock was working the whole week so it would have been just up to me if she didn't come to the rescue!

After packing a 5 by 10 ft storage unit full of everything that we own (besides the things I brought with me to Arizona). Brock and I set off on the 10 hour journey through the mountains, desert, back through the mountains, down to the Valley of Phoenix. Oh, yes the dogs came with. So in my little BMW was packed with all of my things and us. Man!!! It was packed! Capone is not a "car dog". He gets very restless. Ruby on the other hand is content just sitting on your lap the whole time. When we went through Moab, Utah there was a big thunder storm. It was pouring! Ruby was scared because of the thunder, she tried hiding under the drivers seat. The rest of the trip was hot until we got to Flagstaff (which felt like Vail...about 75 and sunny!). Flagstaff if beautiful! Not as pretty as Vail though. Then we made our final decent to the Phoenix area. It was 98 degree's at 9 o'clock at night! Brock and I just kept asking each other what we were thinking.

All that matters is that we arrived safe and sound. God guided us to my new home. I am so thankful for his presence during our trip.

Now, Its 9:12 am in sunny Arizona. I woke up at about 7:45 am and the outside temp was about 78 degree's. It now 84! The heat comes fast here. It is supposed to be 100 today! We will see how Brock and I do with the heat. That is the biggest part that scares me about living here. Not only for us...but for our dogs. They LOVE being outside, but with the extreme heat I will look out for their well being before fun!

So for now...talk to you later. I will let you know how our first day goes here in our new home!

-Holly G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved