Sunday, July 3, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my little place in the world to share my life! I am new to the blogging world so please go with the flow. I have started this blog to keep  family & friends up to speed on whats going on in the simple life of Holly & Brock. We are also relocating from Colorado to Arizona very soon. I thought this is a great and positive way to share things.

Here is a quick intro of our small family....
Brock is the man of this household. He is my amazing husband and best friend. He loves off roading in our jeep, snowboarding, fly fishing with his brothers, and our dogs  (they will be introduced later). Holly (me)...I am the wife. I love spending time with family, running, shopping (what women doesn't?), talking on the phone with my loved ones that are far away, and of course our dogs. Capone is a Pit bull (I know what you are thinking...a pit bull why would someone own a dog of that breed?) He will change whatever bad assumtion you may have about his breed. He loves kids, licking your face, and sleeping in with you. He is dark brown and they most handsome 70 pound baby you will ever meet. Ruby is a Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix. She is white with tan spots. She loves playing, teasing Capone when he is on his leash, and food. Love in an understatement with food. Our dogs are our children and always will be. Brock and I are brought so much happiness by their presence.

On to the subject of relocating to Arizona...
I know its a million degree's there. I have been told that more times than I can count I think. Brock and I have been married since last Labor Day...we have been thinking about moving since before we tied the knot. I am blessed to be able to transfer all over the world with my current company, so I decided to apply all over the U.S. and see where I recieved job offers from. I applied all over the southern east coast and Arizona. After waiting and doing an interview that didn't go as well as I had hoped. I got a call from a GREAT place in Arizona. They wanted me to fly out right away for an interview, but because of family gatherings and work I couldn't. I had lost hope once I told them it wouldn't be possible. A couple of days later I recieved a call that they wanted to do a phone interview (which this company NEVER does) and I did the interview later that day. At the end they offered me the job (which also NEVER happens right away) at the same pay as where I live now. BTW....I live in a place where the cost of living is VERY VERY high...so getting paid the same and getting to keep our bennifits was great! After a long talk as man and wife we decided why not? We don't have children yet (knock on wood) and we are young. Almost a month later here I am packing a house and 5 years of memories in one of the most beautifil places God has created.

Wow, That was a lot all at once. Thanks for reading along!
Have a great & safe 4th of July weekend.

~Holly.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blog land Holly! It'll be fun to keep up with you guys this way :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved