Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

Good Morning !

Here in Vail the 4th of July is the BUSIEST day (weekend) of the whole year. Yes, it even beats the winter days of fun! Brock and I both had to work the whole weekend and didn't get to do much other than watch fireworks. Every year since I have lived here in Colorado I have been out of town on the 4th. Considering this was my last holiday here in this great place Brock and I both wanted to stay put in our little town and be part of the madness. We both work with "gapers" (tourist) all day long so we just wanted to be as relaxing as possible.

         Sunday...We both worked all day long and it was craziness at my work. I didn't get a break or even a chance to eat...by 2:00pm I was feeling very weak. Brock came into my work just to say hello and I told him that I feel like I might pass out. He told me to eat some food and take a break, but there was no way that I could have with all the guests constantly asking questions. I got to the point where I thought I was going to pass out. I called a person from another department to come over and help me out so that I could sit down and "refuel". After sitting there for awhile and getting a hold of my manager I needed to leave. Brock came and got me from work because I didn't feel safe driving home. From about 3:00pm until 9:00pm I laid on the couch and relaxed. Brock was non-stop busy at work and we had plans to go watch the Avon fireworks at the top of Davo's Trail (tip top of a mountain over looking the valley). After all that had happened earlier I didn't think I had the strength to do it. Brock came home with fruit and a ginger ale for me and packed me up in the jeep and we went. We met some friends and family at the top...we had friends in from Denver, local friends, and both of our brother's were up there as well. I ended sitting with Brock's brother Josh (they were quite a bit claimer than our friends). I ended up really feeling better and enjoying the fireworks. Brock had a great time as well because he got to off road the jeep on the way up.

        Monday....The REAL 4th. We both had to work early that day as well. At my work we had a BBQ, pool games, eating contest, and popsicle's for the guests and I got to get away from the desk and help with everything. My second to last day on the job was one of the best. Brock and I both got off of work and watched a movie together to relax. After a shower and some time with the dogs we decided to get some food before the fireworks. My little brother Mat and our friend Brian ended up coming to dinner. It was nice having dinner with Mat because I will miss him so very much. My brother and I are 15 months apart and are very close. After dinner we went back to our house to get the dogs. Capone, Ruby, and Nike (my brother's dog) all came with us. Capone is 70 lbs and doesn't like skateboards & bikes so when we got to the village of course there were many of both...he was a little crazy at first and then really claimed down, but we still had to see how all three of the pups were going to do with the fireworks. We sat outside of the crowds to give the dogs some room....then the first big POP came and the smell of fireworks came next. Ruby freaked out! She was so scared that she ran behind me and tucked her nose into my back. I ended up taking my hoodie off and wrapping her in it. She was shaking like a leaf. Capone was GREAT!!!!!! He just looked up in the sky and watched the whole thing. My little pup is growing up. Brock and I were so happy everything turned out well.


Here is a few pictures from Monday night......



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved